This low carb keto chili is a hearty, flavorful meal that can be made in the stovetop or instant pot. The slow cooker version is also included below.
The perfect keto chili recipe is a low carb, keto-friendly chili that can be made in the stovetop, instant pot, or slow cooker.
This article includes affiliate links, and if you buy anything via our site, we may earn a small fee.
This keto chili is a delicious blend of tasty ground beef, veggies, and no beans to make it low carb. It is, without a doubt, the finest chili on the planet!
This chili has a lot of veggies in it, which go well with the ground seasoned beef.
Beans of any sort aren’t required, despite the fact that they’re a key component of the traditional dish. To get the greatest texture, we want to keep things low carb and replace the beans with additional veggies.
This is a fantastic way to incorporate extra veggies in your meals if you’re searching for a method to do so.
Make our keto cornbread to go with this tasty and filling low-carb chili.
Keto Chili: Why You’ll Love It
- It has a wide range of applications. Top it with your favorite keto-friendly toppings to make it even more tasty.
- It’s a low-carb dinner. This chili has much less carbs than your beloved traditional chili.
- It’s simple to create. Even if you are not a skilled cook, you may easily prepare this delectable dish.
Is Chili a Keto Food?
Traditional chili prepared with beans is not keto-friendly due to the high carb content. Beans are rich in carbohydrates, with 1 cup of canned kidney beans containing approximately 40 grams. On a ketogenic diet, this is almost twice the amount of carbohydrates for a full day of eating. Beans are legumes and are often avoided on a ketogenic diet.
Chili Without Beans: The Secret
Beans are a carbohydrate-dense vegetable that aren’t keto-friendly. As a result, classic chili recipes tend to be bean-heavy. Instead, for a simple low-carb chili meal, omit the beans and use more meat than usual. Low-carb vegetables like cauliflower, zucchini, and cabbage may also be added to the mix!
Seasonings like ground black pepper, chili powder, and ground cumin are used in this keto dish, giving it a fantastic flavor without jeopardizing your macros.
Chili for Ketosis Ingredients
Because this is the traditional method to prepare chili, most people like their beans in it. You may find the notion of not adding beans odd.
Although the ingredient list seems lengthy, half of them are spices, so don’t worry, this is still a simple weekday dinner.
- Ground Beef — You may use whatever ground meat you choose, but for the greatest taste and browning, I suggest 85 percent lean beef.
- Onion, celery, garlic, and red pepper are low carb veggies.
- Olive Oil – While any oil may be used, a flavored oil, such as olive oil, is preferred. It goes well with the tomato-based components.
- My favorite aromatics are onion and garlic. The finest onions are chopped yellow or white onions.
- Tomato Paste and Crushed Tomatoes — this gives it a wonderful tomato taste and makes it stew-like.
- Chili powder, ground cumin, bay leaves, and oregano are some of the seasonings used.
What Is Keto Chili and How Do I Make It?
Chili may be made in a variety of ways, including in an Instant Pot, a Crockpot, or on the stove.
Here are three methods to create keto chili without beans:
In the Instant Pot, make low-carb chili
- Add the olive oil to your Instant Pot and set it to sauté. Sauté the onion, celery, and garlic for approximately 2-3 minutes, or until soft.
- Cook until the ground meat is browned. Using a big spoon, drain any extra grease.
- Stir in the spice and the other ingredients until everything is well combined.
- Cover the instant pot with a lid. Set the instant pot to manual for 25 minutes at high pressure.
- Allow for a 10-minute natural release before releasing the pressure quickly. Before serving, remove the bay leaf.
How to Make Keto Chili in a Slow Cooker
- To prepare chili in the crockpot, sauté the onion, celery, and garlic until translucent in a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the ground beef to the pan. Break it up with a spatula while it cooks, stirring regularly until browned.
- Add the crushed tomatoes to the slow cooker, along with the spices. Combine the cooked ground beef and onion combination with the other ingredients. If the chili seems to be overly thick, add additional water.
- Cook for at least 4-6 hours on low.
Chili on the Stove: A Step-by-Step Guide
If you don’t have an Instant Pot or a slow cooker, you may prepare the chili in a big soup pot. Check out the recipe card down below for more information.
All you have to do is combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan and boil until aromatic and well cooked. Serve with your favorite toppings, such as cheese, and savor every mouthful of this delicious dinner.
What Is The Best Way To Thicken Keto Chili?
To make keto chili, remove all of the vegetables and cook on low heat until the sauce reaches the required consistency. From time to time, give it a good stir. Without the use of flour or cornstarch, the chili thickens naturally.
Using 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum and simmering for a few minutes is another of my favorite methods to thicken chili.
This Keto Chili Can Be Made in a Variety of Ways
- Reduce the Carbohydrates: Because the tomato puree is the only significant source of carbs in this meal, if your carb needs are very low, you may reduce the quantity in half.
- Veggie Power: I prefer to serve this chili over cauliflower rice, but you can also throw in 1-2 cups of veggies while it’s cooking. Greens like spinach or chopped kale, as well as chopped carrots, are excellent choices.
How Should Low-Carb Paleo Chili Be Served?
Chili with shredded cheddar, sour cream, chopped avocados, and jalapeño slices is my favorite way to serve it. To scrape clean the serving dish, I like to prepare low carb cornbread and dip it in the luscious sauce.
Here are some additional dishes that go well with chili:
What Are the Carbs in this Keto Chili Recipe?
There are 6 servings in this chili. 7g net carbohydrates per serving (about 1 cup). If you’re tracking total carbohydrates, one serving of this dish contains 9g carbs.
Is Keto Chili Freezable?
Chili can be frozen and reheated properly, so freezing it is a no-brainer. Allow your chili to cool fully before freezing it in single-serving freezer bags with all the air squeezed out.
Defrost the chili overnight in the refrigerator or in a pot over low-medium heat with a cover on.
Are Tomatoes Keto-Friendly?
Tomatoes are excellent to eat since they are low in carbohydrates. I eat them on a regular basis because I like the texture and flavor. According to the USDA website, a medium tomato (62g) has the following nutrients:
- 2.41 g carbohydrates
- 0.55 gram of protein
- 0.12 gram of fat
- 11 calorie snack
You Might Also Like These Ground Beef Recipes:
This low-carb chili recipe is great for the entire family since it’s delicious, substantial, prepared with natural ingredients, and full of flavor.
Mode of Preparation Stop your screen from turning black.
Add the olive oil to a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook for 5 minutes with the onion, celery, and garlic.
Add the ground beef and use a spatula to break it up. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the meat is golden brown.
Stir in the remaining ingredients well.
Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower to a low to medium heat and continue to cook for approximately 25 minutes, stirring periodically.
Season to taste with more spices. Allow for a few minutes of resting time before serving the chili.
When preparing chili on the stove, cook it for at least 25 minutes uncovered. It will thicken spontaneously without the need of any starch or flours. During the simmering phase, add more or less liquid according on the desired tickiness.
How do we figure out how much food to eat?
The USDA Food Database nutrition information was used to calculate these nutrition facts. Our nutrition data are correct, but please double-check if you’re using other items. Because fiber and sugar alcohols do not increase blood sugar, they are subtracted from the net carb amount.
Now is the time to subscribe!
To be the first to hear about new recipes, changes, and special deals, sign up for our weekly email.
Thank you very much!
You have successfully subscribed to our our list.
FAVORITES OF READERS
The whole recipe may be found on the recipe card below. These recipes were created by readers who enjoyed this article:
The 3 ingredient keto chili is a low carb keto chili recipe that can be made in the stove, instant pot, or slow cooker.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many carbs are in 1 cup of keto chili?
There are about 168 grams of carbs in 1 cup.
Is chili OK on keto?
Yes, but it is best to avoid too much spice.
Can you eat Wolf Brand chili on keto?
Yes! As long as you use a low carb hot sauce, like Franks Red Hot.
- perfect keto chili recipe instant pot
- keto chili slow cooker
- keto chili recipes with vegetables
- low carb chili
- keto chili recipe with zucchini